Saturday, June 07, 2008

Open Letter To The Obama Campaign

(below is a copy of what I've just submitted to the Obama campaign via their webform)

I am disappointed that the campaign would heap praise upon Clinton as she finally bows out.
She didn't run a good campaign; she ran a campaign that was often nasty and played upon the misconceptions regarding Barack's faith and character.

Praising her as having run a great campaign despite some of the slimy tactics employed by her and her family is PLAYING THE POLITICAL GAME. The same game of politics that this campaign indicated it wouldn't play and the same game it has indicated it wants to abolish.

The more I think about it, I can't say for certain I'll be able to support a candidate who has started betraying their campaign promises before getting elected. I can tell you for certain, however, that if Clinton is put on the ticket, I'll be voting for Ralph Nader or abstaining from the vote altogether and will do my best to encourage others to do the same. While I'd still rather have a game-playing Obama in office rather than a McCain, I wouldn't be able to vote in good conscience for a candidate who would have, in that event, so clearly lied to their constituents.

No comments: